Dallas SMART Recovery Programs
Alcoholic Anonymous and other 12-step programs include a belief in a Higher Power as a step towards healing from addiction. However, this approach does not work for everyone, especially those who are not spiritual or wish to engage this belief. For these other folks, Dallas SMART Recovery programs offer therapy that is more flexible in approach. SMART Recovery (Self-Management and Recovery Training) works best for self-directed people who have their own inner motivation to quit abusing drugs by providing the materials and methods to do so.
If you are addicted to alcohol or drugs, call Dallas Drug Treatment Centers. We can help you find Dallas addiction recovery centers that offer SMART Recovery programs and other treatments to overcome addiction. Call (214) 453-5663 for more information.
SMART Recovery and How It Manages Addiction
People in the program learn how to:
- Increase their motivation to quit drugs and stay on the path to recovery
- Control urges and triggers that might derail their recovery
- Become more aware of their thoughts to avoid negative behaviors stemming from poor thinking
- Acquire the skills necessary to achieve a good life balance
What Kind of Help Does SMART Recovery Provide?
The type of help provided by this educational non-profit is as follows:
- Secular Educational Materials for Treatment - There are no suggestions to pray to a Higher Power or to invoke any religious sentiment within the materials that are provided.
- Referrals - They will let visitors know of meetings in their local area or where to find a SMART Recovery program nearby.
- Online Meetings - For those that do not have any groups near them, they still have the option to do online meetings.
- Meeting Materials - For those starting a group in their area, the organization provides the materials and roadmap to implement the SMART approach.
- Message Boards - If someone has an issue or wants to see what others are doing, there are message boards online to discuss the SMART program.
- Chat Rooms - For people who want some peer support, there are 24x7 chat rooms available for those in the recovery process. This can be helpful to people who need immediate support or simply to talk to someone who is going through the same recovery journey.
- Facilitator Training - Professionals in rehab wanting to implement the principles of SMART Recovery have the option to get facilitator training for their staff. However, they need to have a group already set up with at least 12 people interested.
- Site Visits - SMART Recovery trainers will then come out and show the staff how to get the program off the ground with their materials.
If you are struggling with addiction, there are drug detox centers in Dallas that can help you turn your life around. Call (214) 453-5663 for more information. You can also visit your local Narcotics Anonymous (http://www.usrecovery.info/NA/Texas.htm) for more support.